VB, VisRexx, etc.

 Sorry, I was way off spelling two of those visual rexx apps -- they are
actually VX-REXX by Watcom and VisaPro\Rexx by Hockware. Then there are
other apps like Personal Rexx by Quercus, but I don't know if that fills the
bill as an object-oriented tool. Rexx is built-in to PC-DOS now, and OS/2,
of course, and is also available for linux and windoz. Waaayy nicer and more
powerful than basic in whatever form -- not that I'm advocating that TTG use
it instead, since they've already made their minds up, and I'd much rather
see them use perl or javascript (javascript, not Java, BTW, which is much
more powerful, but also much harder to learn) if they were going to change.
  It would be nice if the new XY was a really good web authoring tool --
every job listing I see lately requires webweaving, and many specify perl.
And that's a big reason, out of many, that I'm mostly running linux these
days -- most of the hot new web stuff comes out for linux first, including
Netscape. Crisp is a very nice text editor that comes bundled with the
Caldera version of linux, and does up colored markup for each type of
programming language -- sure would be cool if XY did that.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rough ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.