Re: Year 2000 Compliant

jeberle@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Do we know whether The Technology Group will be supplying a Y2K fix so that
> XyWrite files are dated with four digits.

Surely you jest, sir! There's a better chance of the earth's being hit
by a comet within the next 30 minutes.

> Or, in the alternative, does anybody
> have a fix that will allow files dated 00 to appear at the top of a directory
> sorted by descending date? I've got some keystrokes that are programmed to work
> off of the latest file.

Add a DSORT command to your Startup.int (in whatever version you use).

The parameters are:

dsort order,modifier

order is any one or two (separated by commas) of:
f sort by filename
e sort by extension
s sort by size
d sort by date and time

modifier (optional) is either or both of:
r sort in reverse order
h add a header to the top of the directory

You would probably want something like this:

dsort d,r

(By the way: some of the compulsively curious, myself among them, have
noted that starting next year, the date in the directory will be
displayed as 01-01-100, where 100=2000. This little oddity, however,
should not affect
the sorting procedure.)

When you've made your modifications you will, of course, have to re-run
startup.int before the mods. take effect. Aw, but you knew that, didn't
you?

Hope this helps.

Now promise us before you try this you'll first save your exisiting
startup.int file to startup.bak! ;-)

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press