XY, Vista, choices

Reading the archives, I don't see any recent posts that A) give some
sense of how XY4 works in Vista (w and w/o TAME) and how the
experienced users on this list find Vista in general. As I'm sure
you've read, XP as OEM will end in June, just about the time I'll be
ready for a new desktop. Most of the recent articles on this say
things such as:
*To be sure, your license to use XP does allow you to remove the OS
from an old machine and install it on a new one. But, as hardware
manufacturers direct more resources to Windows Vista, it may be
harder to find drivers for video, audio, and other computer
components that support the older OS.*
This seemed off to me -- can't one can get legacy drivers from the
hardware websites? At all events, and as usual, there seems to be as
much misinformation on the demise of XP as good dope. I know Patricia
has played with Vista. Just curious about the experience of others --
w/XY and without.

Michael Norman