Re: Good to find you -Reply -Reply

Nancy,

The Xywrite4 installation program seems unable to handle
CD-ROM drives. I have had no problems installing Xywrite4
directly from the disks by creating a special DOS prompt
with its own config.sys and autoexec.bat loading none of
the drivers for the CD-ROM. Copy the regular MS-DOS prompt
shortcut and modify it by clicking on it with the right
mouse button and moving down to properties. One of the tabs
in the property window that opens up will lead you to a
section that allows you to create the special config.sys
and autoexec.bat. The default ones created by the act
of activitating this property have been for me adequate.

Ed Plummer

At 02:53 PM 9/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes, correct. Unable to install. The system hangs on the first disk.

Dept of Botany/Plant Sciences
University of California          Decision Support
Riverside, CA 92521         on Human Issues and Markets
                   in a Culturally Diverse,
Tel: 909/ 787-4686           Information-Rich and
Fax: 909/ 787-4748            Computer-Assisted
Email: orlay.plummer@xxxxxxxx          World
    oeplummer@xxxxxxxx