Re: configure Xywrite for USB printer?

Robert Holmgren wrote:
But if it's hooked up to the Xy3 computer, then... connect the parallel cable! They can still share
the machine on a LAN.
I got the impression that they have a new PC, the old one being dead, and the new one not having a parallel port. (AMD mobos seem to keep these "obsolete" components more than Intel ones do, but...). Recall that her first post, on 5/11, said, "the system requires a USB printer." Anyway, we definitely need more info from Ms. Van Ness and Co. It could be that they've just been told they have to have a USB printer (the things people get told by "experts"!). I could test USB to parallel adaptors here, but only under 9x; don't dare mess with printer connections on the XP box at the office.
I sent a detailed description of the physical appearance of USB and
standard Centronics connectors to someone off list a week or so ago. If
that would help, I can ask her to post it to the list. (Lost my own Sent
folder in an idiotic mixup.)

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx