Re: alt-enter (way off-topic)

Actually, Jordan, Clinton issued very few pardons, as compared with most
presidents, and not that many commutations either, during his
presidency. None, I think, went to anyone who was merely indicted (as
Reagan did) or awaiting indictment (as Ford did). His end-of-term
commutations went overwhelmingly, as commutations should, to shorten the
terms of people serving long and unjust sentences, including quite a few
lesser participants in relatively big drug cases who were socked with the
rigid and cruel mandatory sentences of which Congress seems to have become
enamored for the last 15 years or so. They were not "pardoned," however,
as Mimi should be for her clever song spoof.

--Peter Goldberger, Ardmore, PA

Today you wrote:

	Mimi Gauthier LeBien wrote:
	my apologies - "Ipanima" - apologies also for off-topic
	No, just apologize for sending *all* messages Return-Receipt, with the
	HTML and blinking gizmo. And then, as Bill Clinton said to many indictees,
	days before the end of his last term, "I Pardon You."