Sluggish Repeat Cursor Keys

Based on the responses of several on the List to my experience speeding up
the sluggish cursor repeat keys, here are some additional observations. I am
running Xy 4.018 DOS in Windows 2000 on a Compaq Pentium 4 2 GHz computer.
My experience may not be applicable to other operating systems, etc.

	1. The cursor keys on my numeric key pad do not work under any
circumstances. Putting NI in the keyboard file for the number key toggle TN
(69=NI,TN) doesn't work. Using func CN doesn't give me use of the arrow
keys, but does turn off the N symbol on the screen.

	2. What works to speed the movement of the other, regular cursor
keys is doing one or more of the following after loading XyWrite. Manually
invoke the Number Lock key. Even though the N symbol remains on the screen,
that is usually enough to speed the cursor. I open a file and try it. If the
cursor still moves slowly, I try FUNC CN on the command line. If that
doesn't work, I hit Number Lock again, or several times. Once I get the
cursor to speed up, there is nothing more to do until XyWrite is restarted.

	3. Again, with apologies to Dave Thomas, I don't think Tame is
needed to speed up the cursor movement.

	4. My mouse works in XyDOS. Based on Patricia Godfrey's post, I
confirmed that my pointer setting in settings.dfl is df ur=1 -- the "on"
setting.

Jim Eberle