Re: NEW RE GLITCH: U2 and 104

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> It's something about 104.
>
> Try it: make up a kbd file with say
> 104=ni,#1
>
> then try to open a file with
> ≪va_#1≫

I tried an experiment somewhat the reverse of yours. I went
into my .kbd file and commented out every single instance of
104 that is there. Then I opened my COPY of the original
...inf, which still has the ≪VA_NL≫ in place. Earlier, after
I commented out only the 104s that had NL assignments, this
backup copy continued to crashed at NL, but now, with all
104s commented out, there is no crash. So it looks to me too
as though 104 and not NL may be the culprit.

However, I'm too flaked out right now to put the ≪VA_NL≫
back into the working .inf file and run a more convincing
definitive test.

If I read Teddy Odum's report of 6:05pm Wednesday correctly,
the experiments he conducted leading up to his cure may back
you up. Or not--I'm wiped.

Judith Davidsen