Re: Calling Files Sequentially

≪ My goal is to call DSORTed files sequentially. Nathan suggested the ca
 *.* wildcard followed by contro-shift-alt N, but told me to sort files
 with Norton first. It would seem to me that XyWrite should be about to
 do this without the assistance of Norton, no? ≫ --Jack Shafer

Norton? Good grief!

Here are three .kbd sequences that reset dsort and list the active dir
in the new order. I've hit each key about 3000 times every day
since about the third day I used xyW to abort the display, sometimes
after saving a file, sometimes not, as the situation dictates,
assigned to a compound-key table to avoid mishaps. If !PROFILE
 isn't installed, substitute
BC for &C (holds the old CMline $ on a s/g ready for the &0 key
to restore it if wanted). In xyWrite 4 substitute BX/Q2 pairs for
BC/XCs). Your hardware may require an NO at the start; mine doesn't.
An EN xpl loop is easy enough to write (cf Tyson). ... Ciao. 	--a

List current dir sorted ...

	... with most recent files first:
nn=&CXD,d,s,o,r,t, ,d,CO,r,XCBC,a,b,XCBC,d,i,r,XCBC,e,d, ,TF

	... by extension:
nn=&CXD,d,s,o,r,t, ,e,XCBC,a,b,XCBC,d,i,r,XCBC,e,d,CCCDCDCD

	... alphabetically:
nn=&CXD,d,s,o,r,t, ,f,XCBC,a,b,XCBC,d,i,r,XCBC,e,d, ,CCLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLDLD

http://www.escape.com/%7Eadpf/ ===============================