Re: questions

 > Finally, has anybody had any experience using Xy/Win with WinFax Pro /4
> for faxing directly from documents?

++Yes, Winfax Pro /4 works just fine transmitting directly from
xywin. You ++just select the winfax printer driver and print.

++Jack Shafer and I noticed that it sometimes takes a long time
to "print" a ++long document, but the results are fine. I
haven't timed xywin 4.12 and ++don't know if its better. Jack?

XyWin 4.11 with WinFax Pro 3 was sluggish; Ken Frank allowed as
much in this forum. My sense is that 4.12 is just as slow, but I
never thought to put a stopwatch to it as I switched. Maybe
someone out there wants to do a compariso n test for us. Maybe
TTG tech support has some free time on its hands. If I'm in a
hell of a hurry to fax a long document from the Windows desktop
I'll often load Word for Windows, which is much, much faster.

The e-mail link in XyW really stinks. Ken Frank was a mensch
about that, too, and promised to look into it. That was about a
year ago.

That said, XyWin is a great addition to the arsenal of a users who knows
XyDOS already (and is patient enough to reconfigure it to
resemble XyDOS), works with a bunch of Windows applications (ECCO, cc:Mail, and the Random
House Dict/Thesarus on my desktop) and has a 486 machine with at
least 8 megs of memory. Plus, 4.12 is much more stable than 4.11.
If you haven't upgraded to 4.12, you're doing yourself a
disservice.

--Jack Shafer