OT: Direct CD

If anyone is using a recent version of Roxio's CD burning
software, would he or she be kind enough to let me know, off
list, if it still supports what they used to call Direct CD: the
ability to format a CD or DVD disc so one can simply copy to it
(by drag and drop or copy or xcopy from the command prompt),
repeatedly, and then "finalize" the disc so it can be read by an
ordinary Cd or DVD drive? (I've been all over Roxio's site, and
it's a heap of offal! Tells me my password has been saved, then
when I try to enter it, won't recognize it.) And what kind of
discs will it do it to? Nero only does UDF (as it calls it) with
RW drives, so finalizing isn't possible. Thanks.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx