Re: DOS help wanted

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 19 Jun 1998 00:18:59 -0400 (EDT)

>I've been having an occasional problem with my PC (Intel 486, running DOS
>6.2 and Windows 3.1). When I try to boot up in the morning, the PC thinks
>there's a floppy disk in the 3.5" drive and gives me an error message to
>that effect -- "Failure to read Diskette ..." or something along those
>lines -- followed by "F1 for setup ... F2 to reboot ..." recurring
>infinitely.

Am I the only person who thinks this is a grossly impertinent question?
To me, off-topic is fine, as long as it's interesting or funny.
This is highly technical, difficult to resolve, non-XyWrite-related, and
utterly dull. Away with this stuff. It really strains any impulse to be
generous with time, which is short. This maillist is not (or should not
be, IMO) a general help hospice!

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx