Re: Can I install Xywrite

At 17:31 Uhr -0500 20.12.2001, Peregrine@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>If I REALLY get
>the urge to install XyWrite on a newer OS, I'll likely opt for NotaBene
>instead.
>
>Jeff Seager

But it just does not have the same look and feel. And how DO you ever get
used to a program that shows ASCII on the command line and ANSI on the
screen? Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?
-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo (rrr @ twics.com)
No, in fact, there seems to be a screen handling problem that many users
report. Screen flickers in draft mode and many NB users on the NB list
report they work in graphics mode. Lots of advice on their list on how to
correct this, but I tested it on no less than five machines and could not
get rid of the problem, which may be an attempt to reconcile ANSI and
ASCII, who can say. Too bad; their WP, text-retrieval, bib combo could be
very useful.

michael norman