Re: Type Styles

>   As an example, I typed Contact--Jim Eberle, with the word Contact and
>   the hyphens in bold and Jim Eberle in normal type. Then I decided to
>   change the hyphens to italic, but what happens is that the hyphens
>   stay bold but Jim Eberle changes to italic.
>
>   Looking at what happens in Expanded View, it appears that the new type
>   style is being inserted after the define block and has no effect on
>   the area that was defined, only the area going forward.

have had the same problem, although i find if i try to change a style
in the middle of a highlighted area, it works. The text after only
gets changed if I'm at the end of a defined area.

  When i wrote asking for the dreaded H word, folks here just told
me to use the edit function, since i use styles to exchange edits
with my co-author. I can only assume that means there is no work
around for the bug.. (btw styles did work in xy3 as you said, and
also in signature.)

Sherry@xxxxxxxx
``If I knew the way, I would take you home.''