Re: Intriguing XPL coding

From: Harry Binswanger
> [IF0+[VA$WS]<1!0+[VA$WS]+[VA$XD]>2]
>
> It is the introduction of the zero which I don't understand. Why does it
> have any effect, especially since the earlier version of UNPUTCR didn't use it:

It works around a bug in NBWin, which bombs on VA statements that return numeric values (treated
them as string literals, I think). Forcing NB to "do the math" resulted in the VAs being
evaluated as numbers, as intended. The bug may have been fixed in subsequent releases of NB -- I
don't know. Perhaps Robert knows; he found the bug.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx