Problems, Gripes, Glitches

I've run into some problems with XyWrite 4.0x regarding footnotes.

My agency standards require that footnotes be indented on the first line 3
spaces. So I put the command  inside the footnote format
marker. However, when I print the document, the right most word on the first
line of the footnote is NOT printing. Suppose the footnote reads as follows:

This is the first line of a footnote illustrating the bug in XyWrite 4.0, a
new program from The Technology Group.

Formated, it looks like this on the page:

   1. This is the first line of a footnote illustrating a bug in a new
program from the Technology Group.

The words "XyWrite 4.0, a" get dropped. Funny thing is, they appear correctly
in Graphics View: just not on the page.

Im using the laserjet III printer driver on a NEC silentwriter 950 printer in
Laserjet Emulation Mode.

Second problem: Version 4.013 (the one that gets installed when you install
Orbis) is an order of magnitude slower than 4.011. In fact, its SO slow on long
documents as to be practically useless! Its about the speed of version 1.0 of
Signature. Like others here, I notice that the speed degradation is
particularly intense after printing. The sluggishness has nothing to do with
running or not running Orbis: I don't USE Orbis that much.

I reinstalled Version 4.011 when the footnote formatting problem popped up (to
see if it was a bug in 4.013, and lo and bed behold my speedy XyWrite is back.

Did you guys inadvertantly re-compile the old Signature code? The difference in
speed is dramatic.

As things stand, I've eradicated Orbis from my computer, and I won't use it
until this speed problem is fixed.