Re: Xywrite and university presses

Three staff manuscript editors (out of four) at the Johns Hopkins University Press edit on screen in XyWrite. We convert incoming authors' files to XyWrite from a variety of softwares. The edited files are sent to the compositors in XyWrite, and we hear no complaints that I know of. The majority of our scores of out-of-house freelance editors use Word or Word Perfect thse days, though five freelances still request files in XyWrite.

Lee

Lee Campbell Sioles
Managing Editor
410-516-6910
LCS@xxxxxxxx

>>>  07/05/01 09:30AM >>>
In the thread recently started by Nathan, Chuck Creesy writes >A number of
university presses still use XY to prepare files for
typesetting.<

In my last previous book I was delighted to find that Naval Institute Press
also uses Xywrite.

Bruce Felknor