Re: slow printing problem

James D Besser:

>The problem: abysmally slow printing. Using a similar
>printer in my Dos days, I remember it being much faster.

Back in your DOS days, you were sending it a stream of characters. Now, I
wonder if you're not sending it vast graphics (which happen to be composed
of characters).

Though I wholeheartedly approve of using unfashionable hardware (and
software!), I'm afraid I can't help you here as I switched to laser
printers some years ago and have never looked back.
Peter Evans