Re: Save (backup)

Thanks to J.R. Fox and Leslie Bailler for their suggestions. I was trying
to do two things: avoid carrying extra hardware on the road (USB floppy or
ZIP drives) and, in so doing, still "save" through a dedicated key in
XyDos. Seemed to me since the CD-RW was on-board it made sense to try use
it that way. I wanted to be able to save repeatedly during the writing
session. Of course you could do that to either CD-R's or CD-RW's by
periodically switching to another window to "save." But I was hoping to
adapt that technology to my CRTL-B key combo (my "save/backup" key during a
writing session) which, after all these years with XY, is part of my muscle
memory.

Michael Norman

PS: PowerDesk is the file manager many here use. The latest paid version is
here: http://www.v-com.com/product/pd_ind.html. Here's a freeware version
with fewer features. http://www.v-com.com/product/pd_free_trial.html. It
says "trial" but there is no time limit.