Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Wed,
22 Nov 2006 18:00:16 -0500

Patricia,

I just ran SA/RTF on a 900K DeFined block, and it worked fine here.
Something is going kerflooey at your end. Tbird, you say?

> Yes, but WHY? Is this Tbird making mice feet of things again,
> or what? I have my options set for a fixed-width font, Courier
> New, at 12 pixels, and lines wrapping. Should I perhaps turn
> off wrap? But that makes it hard to read mails; have to scroll
> right and left, and I don't like to be reaching for the mouse
> all the time.

Line wrap may be the culprit. Are you setting a text width of at
least 70 chars? It has to be wide enough to allow any decoded
matter to pass through without being reformatted. In the
alternative, CAll the e-mail source file directly in XyWrite, so
that Tbird doesn't have the chance to modify it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx