Re: A pointer, please.

  I think I may have solved my initial problem. What I wanted was a
  6 by 4 matrix, or table, in which I would place a letter in each one
  of the twenty-four panels. Now, I don't know whether I could do
  this if I wanted to place more than a few letters in a panel. What
  I did was create a table, and then move to expanded view, where I
  edited the table "formula" by placing the appropriate letter preceded
  by a tab (to centre the entry) in each panel.

  I don't know if this is what some of you had in mind when you said it
  was difficult to create matrices or tables using xy4, however, if it
  is, then it seems possible if you keep everything very simple, by
  which I mean not try to have too much data in each panel. The tab is
  likely not necessary if you want to get a word or numbers into a panel,
  and, of course, the amount of data in a panel would also depend on the
  panel dimensions.

  Thanks to all who tried to help.

  M.W. Poirier