Re: OT WiFi vulnerability

Flash,

Less technical version would be . . .?

what exactly is a WLAN access point? My home router broadcasts WiFi
throughout the house. It's WPA protected. Is that a problem? We have two
iPhones, a Mini iPad and a regular one, which use the home WiFi.
Vulnerable? And if so, what's the solution?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Harry

Y'all, There is a very serious flaw in WiFi security which affects literally all WiFi clients, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices, and and WLAN access points, world wide. Here's the web site which revealed the flaw: https://www.krackattacks.com My advice: 1. contact your hardware manufacturers, both client devices and WLAN access points, and get firmware updates. If you have WiFi on your DSL/broadband thingy from a local service provider, contact your local service provider for firmware updates. 1a. but do read the caveats on iPhone/iPad 11.x.x updates first because this vulnerability has not been addressed by Apple. https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/10/12/apple-ios-11-0-3-release-should-you-upgrade/?partner=yahootix&yptr=yahoo#2c454a5767e6 http://www.christianpost.com/news/ios-11-0-3-is-it-worth-the-upgrade-203098/ 2. If possible, reduce the power output on your WLAN access point. This reduces the range of coverage and means that a potential attacker must get closer and potentially reveal himself. Ideally, your WLAN coverage should stop at your house/apt. walls and not irradiate half the neighborhood.