HELP: Xy4 Ibid + Orbis doesn't work

If anyone can help with the following problem I will really appreciate it:

When I upgraded from XyIII+ to Xy4 late last year I ordered both the Orbis &
Ibid modules. I've had Orbis installed for some time now and it runs without
problem. Recently the Ibid modules arrived and after I installed them the older
version of Orbis would delete the newer versions of Ibid. Solution: get the
update disk for Orbis. I did this and have now re-installed Ibid and, as per
instructions, re-installed the newer Orbis after the Ibid install. Editor.exe
is now updated to ver 4.015 and both Ibid and Orbis are in the menus and work
correctly when first called.

The PROBLEM: Orbis fails after several searches and the system returns an
"illegal instruction" message and hangs. This happens under OS/2 (and I recover
by killing the session and reloading editor.exe) AND under DesqView/QEMM AND
under DOS (total system hang with recovery possible only by power-off). The
message is the same no matter what the operating environment. Months ago when I
first installed
Orbis I had a similar problem which I solved by running QEMM Analysis and then
excluding two areas of memory. This worked for Orbis alone but no longer works
now that Ibid is installed. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I will
really appreciate any help since I am impressed with both
Orbis and Ibid and would like to be able to use them with confidence.

Thanks,
John Gordon

Dr J.L. Gordon
Head, Department of Anthropology
The University of Western Australia
Nedlands, W.A. 6009, Australia fax: 61 9 380 1062 email:
jgordon@xxxxxxxx