Re: XYDOS and XYWIN

Nathan--
 I've used XyWrite daily since 1987 and consider myself a loyal
XyWriter.  I even made the transition to XyWrite for Windows
(4.12), which I use for Desktop Publishing for an AIDS treatment
newsletter with a circulation of 10,000.
 Yesterday, I installed MS Office Professional on my system and
will be using MS Word for Windows 6.0 as a second word
processor. Why? Because of lack of marketing and promotion,
XyWrite is not being supported by many new programs. For
example, I just purchased Corel Draw and Ventura 5.0. Among the
word processor file formats no longer supported in the new
version is XyWrite (the others are DCA, Multimate, and
WordStar). In order to use XyWrite text in a Ventura document,
you must first own a previous version of Ventura (I don't) and
from the frame menu use the File/Type Rename command and then
convert it to a Word Perfect or Microsoft Word document (ugh).
So, I guess a lot of my work will be done now using Microsoft
Word for Windows (sigh). Many of the HTML editors work as
modules in Microsoft Word, and I am busy constructing Web pages
for my new Internet gateway.
 Of course, I would rather use XyWrite for all these things, but
the world is passing by the ever shrinking niche that XyWrite
has occupied for nearly 10 years.

 Kiyoshi Kuromiya, Project Director
 Critical Path Project

 Email: kiyoshi@xxxxxxxx