Re: XPL Macro in/on a saveget key

I recall that there may have been about a 64K limit on the space that macros and a couple of other features reside (personal spell check list may be one). The problem may not be in the macros but in other stuff it shares the memory space with. Which makes things harder to sort out.

I had a similar problem in XyIII+ with an apparent limit of 16K for loadable macros. The solution is
straightforward if a bit kludgy: Convert each keyboard-loaded macro to a stand-alone program and
then ldpm a simple Run command onto the key. Hard drives are so big and fast nowadays that the
performance hit should be acceptable. Your macros then are executed in "just-im-time"
fashion, only as needed.

Since XyWrite doesn't care what you name things, I suggest naming your stand-alone but
keyboard-referenced macros XXX.ovl (for Overlay) or something of the sort, so you can list and
maintain them as a group.

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx