Re: Tame (was: XY and Win2k)

** Reply to message from "Martin J. Osborne"  on
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:44:30 -0500

> Re. xywrite.reg, I hadn't absorbed Robert Holmgren's messages to me which had
> explained exactly what to do with xywrite.reg. To wit:

> " ... store it to disk, and run it from the DOS command line after the
> new Tame is installed:
> xywrite.reg"

Or double click on it, if you use Explorer. Whichever. I tend to use the
command line for everything. (Commanding "filename.reg" is actually just a
shortcut for "regedit.exe filename.reg" -- consult ASSOC and FTYPE to determine
the various filename.EXTension associations.)

One other detail, confirmed by David Thomas to be still pertinent (I mentioned
this when Tame discussion first arose), is to disable idle detection, by going
to Properties==>Misc==>Idle sensitivity, and pushing the slider all the way to
the left (to "Low").

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx