Re: Getting the right W2K version

Harry, if you have a moment, could you remind me what host, VM and
guest you are on? I have managed to lose track.

At 08/04/2014 16:56, you wrote:
Sorry, I have found that it is NOT persistent. Or not enough.
Yes, but examples are usually better than placeholders. And I have found that "persistent:yes" is really, uh, persistent.
net use lpt1: \\computername\printersharename /persistent:yes ? as more conventionally stated here - - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/printing-from-a-dos-based-program-with-Windows-7/td-p/252289 in which case further hints are, run the DOS window in administrator mode, and consider the experience of the user who lowers UAC to Never Notify.