RE: ...and some thoughts (was Re: Xy on Mac)

Just for the record, it's not selfishness per se that I was railing
against, it's the extreme end of the spectrum I was talking about.
Everybody's selfish, to one degree or another. It's the battle against
one's own selfish impulses that, for the most part, determines the
quality of one's character (In my not-so-humble opinion). A company's
fight against its own greedy impulses can also be used to gauge its
character.

(It's been my experience that most people don't like to use that
particular measure on their own character...myself included)

-BH

-----Original Message----- From: Harry Binswanger

>I don't dislike M$ (or Apple) because I have problems with their
>software, I just don't like them as a "person". They've got a bad
>attitude and I don't want them getting any more of my money.

Gee, it's nice to know there are still some old-time lefties out there.
had started thinking we Objectivists were taking over the world. It's
nostalgaic for me to hear, once again, the accusation that selfishness
is
sociopathic.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx