Re: TTG BBS printer files

At 1/2/2003 06:28 PM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:

XyWWWeb is not authorized to distribute TTG material, and never has done so.  I
hope that subscribers will keep that in mind, when they make these requests
which we cannot fulfill.  But obviously, if you mention your needs
specifically, certainly there is an abundance of sympathy among the
subscribers.  Somebody might even send you a ZIP of all the PRNs, then you
won't have to ask anymore.  Hey, if somebody else wants to put their a*s on the
line and post this stuff, we'd link it.  But we're not going to post it absent
permission.

Well, if someone has all the printer files and wants to zip them to me, I'd be happy to hold them on disk and "share" them with anyone who wants them (I downloaded Brian Henderson's collection [http://www.xywrite.com/xy4/print/printerfiles.htm; eudora="autourl">http://www.xywrite.com/xy4/print/printerfileshttp://www.xywrite.com/xy4/print/printerfiles.htm], which stops with 4.016??? Perhaps someone can augment it with the 4.018 collection. Then, to avoid legal entanglements, once the collection is complete, if one or two others here also acted as a lender, and if XySearch reflected that in a subject line, that might make them when folks need them.) This perhaps avoids permissions. But if all this seems somehow hand-sewn and shady, and if there is some hope of obtaining permission, I'd be happy to help chase after it, if, off-list, you want to get me started.

Michael Norman