Re: Wish List

Leslie:

        On 26 March you wrote:

--[ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ]-----------------

Dick Williams complains about the bug in column tables. Column
tables have always been hellish. My suggestion to Tech Group is
that they reconceptualize the whole thing from the beginning.
That is, throw out the code and start from scratch. Me, I just
never use 'em.

--Leslie--

        Actually I don't remember having any problems
        with column tables in version 3+ of XyW. The
        bugs seem to have cropped up since I switched
        to version 4 (4.014 & now 4.016). Throwing
        out the code and starting from scratch may not
        be a bad idea, but if it's not feasible, then
        another alternative would be to see what changes
        were made between versions 3+ and 4, because
        that seems to be what kicked off the problems
        (at least the problems I'm experiencing).

                ......DW

        P.S.

            I find it interesting that you, me,
        and a number of other folks describe the
        existence of bugs in the CT area, but Ken F.
        says he uses it all the time with no problems.

                .......D