Tame Pre9 solves my problems

Okay, I don't think this is premature elation, this time.
Tame 5.1 version Pre9 is advanced enough not to crash NTVDM (despite a dual core processor) and is modifiable for use with my idiosyncratic cursor-control keys. I use ctrl-t for cursor up, ctrl-v for down, ctrl-j for left and ctrl-; for right, ctrl-g for line end and ctrl-h for line begin. That set of assignments is, in effect, my version of the "Wordstar diamond," and it works wonderfully for touch typing, if you have also changed your Registry so that Ctrl is on the left of the "A" key (instead of CapsLock). Turns out that Xy handles some of these keys (notably ctrl-semicolon) differently from others. So if anyone is interested, the modification to Pre9 to get this to work is the following, for ...\My Documents\Tame 5.1\XyWrite.app.tam

/KeyGroupDef GroupName = Custom3 IncludeChar='^J', '^T', '^V', '^G', '^H'
Channel=WinMessage RepeatRate=-1
;; Does not produce a BIOS scan code for DOS
IncludeScan=#27 ;** ';' key with ctl or alt
There is, as of today, a 6.0 rc4 up at www.tamedos.com, but that still doesn't work after shelling to DOS and returning, on my system.

Happy New Year to all XyWriters.
--Harry

Harry Binswanger