Re: Off subject - firewalls

At 3/3/00 02:38 AM, you wrote:
Yeah. I bought SpinRite and SpinRite II. Now he's on SpinRite 5.

Steve also exploded Microsoft's outrageous attempts
to patent its 'Cleartype' technology last year ('Cleartype'
has been used for years by IBM and Xerox and was
actually invented by Woz nearly 20 years ago for
the Apple II -- Woz never claimed any protection
for it.) -- He also was one of the first to discover
google, and now he's got some other search engine
up his sleeve. His website is well worth a visit,
if only I could remember the url. Oh yes, Steve is
also the man who can hilariously illustrate the way
Bill Gates pronounces the word processor with only
two instead of the usual three syllables.