Re: Flash with Xy

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox" mailto:jr_fox@xxxxxxxxjr_fox@xxxxxxxx Sat, 25 Dec 2004
08:56:06 -0800

I'm doing so as we speak (or as I write and you read).  Running Xy
and email right off the keychain -- nothing is copied to the local
hard drive.  Works literally like a charm.

I use the method described in PORTABLE.INT -- a bit of XPL code that
you add to STARTUP.INT once and then just leave there.  (Also
requires deleting, or commenting out, a few lines from
SETTINGS.DFL.)  The code-cum-instructions can be downloaded at
http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xfer/portable.zip

U2 users may also need to edit some drive letters or paths in
XYWWWEB.REG.  I had to -- minimally, since most of my REG paths are
soft-coded.

Happy Boxing Day!

--
Carl Distefano