Re: buying Xy for Windows?

>Just how buggy is this program? (And how buggy would make it still easier
>to use than Word?) Is XyWin being actively developed by TTG?
>Ann Y.

I do not find XY-Win very buggy. I do have the occasional "Protection
Violation" trouble, and sometimes it suddenly forgets where the fonts
are ("Font file not found" -- although they are where they always are).
Almost always, this happens after long continuous use, with lots of other
programs open at the same time. Usually, I can close and get out of it
without having to reset. Other Windoze programs crash with about the
same frequency, so XY-Win does not stand out particularly.
That is not to say that some improvements to XY-Win would not be
desirable -- in particular the ludicrous install procedure and the
lack of modern filters come to mind.
Just my 2 Yen.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"It is astonishing that those who spent decades recounting the
--'lessons of Vietnam' have themselves failed to heed those lessons."
--J.Schlesinger "I didn't inhale." B.Clinton