Printing to USB printer from XY3

Having solved my printing problem (no footnotes etc) in XY4 following Carlo's suggestion to play
with the page length setting (obvious now, but I had already tried changing it) I thought I would
see if I could get XY3 to print.

With a modified printer file XY3 will now print a single page but if it is presented with a
document of more than one page, the printer hangs. I thought this must be a problem with
definitions in the printer file, but have reduced the printer file to the bare minimum, the same
printer file works with XY4 but not XY3. I then created a test file, a short file with two pages.
It would not print from XY3, but if I TYF from XY3 and then from a DOS prompt command:

COPY FO.TMP PRN

it prints perfectly.

Clearly, then, this is not a problem of XY3 creating a printer file that the printer cannot
understand. At this stage, I have to admit defeat. I have no idea what other parameters between
XY3 and the printer might affect the file output. Any ideas?

Paul Breeze