Re: Translating XyWin to Word or WordStar

Thanks for your comments.

> >In particular, it's highly desirable that I be able to export to
> >MS Word format for my agent and/or WordStar for my
> >collaborator. (My publisher's typesetting bureau can still cope with
> >XyWrite files, which is a blessing.)
>
> IMHO the best way to get a Xy file ready for someone who can't read a
> plain text file and has to use MS Word is to load it up in MS Word and
> then save it. Of course you need MS Word for this -- but if I were in
> your shoes I'd just take the plunge. It's actually quite powerful and
> you might find it useful down the road. You could probably also find
> an old version that'd suffice at an online auction or someplace like
> that.

Unforatunately, if what a friend who uses WinWord 6.0 at work told
me when I called her yesterday is correct, WinWord doesn't
have a XyWrite import filter. It's not mentioned in the Help file or
in the Open As pick box.

(I do actually have a copy of the MS Office suite here, but
installation has been awaiting the addition of a new and larger hard
drive to my sole Win95 machine.)

   Michael

  ---] Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell
  ---] Author of THE QUIET POOLS and STAR WARS: THE BLACK FLEET CRISIS
  ---] Web Site: http://www.sff.net/people/K-Mac
  ---] Newsgroup: sff.people.Kube-McDowell at server NEWS.SFF.NET