Curious behavior of two shifting keys

Robert,

I'm jumping in late and you may have solved your problem already, but if
not don't rule out some peculiarity of the keyboard itself.

I use an old OmniKey 101 at work and there are some multi-shift key
combinations (ctrl+shift+B, for one) that never get through.
Ctrl+Alt+(number pad numeral) for entering special characters by Xy
character code is unreliable--fine on some numbers, hopeless on others.

At home, with an OmniKey 102 (the one with the DIP switch under the OmniKey
emblem in the upper left corner of the keyboard) things seem to work fine.
Of what era is your Ultra?

Oh, yes: I'm running Novell DOS 7.0 on ancient 286s with both the older
and the newer keyboard. (So I'm a curmudgeon and cheapskate. So sue me.)

Dan De Hainaut
103105.1262@xxxxxxxx