Re: SAVESESS

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sun, 15 Feb 2004
14:43:47 -0500

Bill:

> As part of my startup environment, I cause a program to be run
> which configures window 1 to be made convenient for me as a
> directory window: window 1,41,0,39,14. Then the simple DIR
> command is run. [But] savesess doesn't save this window or its
> settings.

Hmm, I can't reproduce the error here (Xy4 v4.018). Everything is
always restored, including window #1 with those dimensions and a
DIRectory displayed.

What version of Editor are you using? What are the exact commands
you're issuing to save and restore sessions? And, basic question:
you say window #1 is created at startup, but are you sure that
window #1 is still open at the time the session is saved? If it's
not saved, it won't be restored (obviously).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx