Re: USB printer and OED

Dear Robert

I fear I was slightly imprecise in my posting about problems with the OED and my new HP USB
printer. I can get OED to work by loading a driver for an old parallel port printer (I chose the
5L since that was my earlier printer) and setting it as default. However I have been unable to
print to my new printer using this driver, or any other HP driver I have found in Windows 2000. I
suspect the problem is that none of the HP printers supported in Windows-2000-Setup are USB
printers.

I contacted Oxford about this but they offered little help except an offer to upgrade to version 3
for around £50. Do you happen to know if this version will run from a hard disk using Daemon
Tools?

Best wishes

Paul