Re: which Word? (was Re: 64 or 32 bit Win 7)

 > I'm now in the market for a new laptop, hunting around
> for something with Window XP so I can continue to use Xy 4 on a full
> screen.

Look at netbooks like the Acer Aspire 531 or 532 and the Samsung NC10 or NC120. Because they're
underpowered--Intel Atom 1.66 GHz processors, 1GB memory (expandable to 2GB)--they still have XP.
And they are cheap--in the $300-$350 range, another $55 for a memory upgrade to 2GB. I have XY
running on the NC120.

No optical drive, and I wouldn't do anything too processor-intensive on them--if you're also doing
anything with serious graphics, they are probably too slow. But they are very nice for XY.

Even the newer netbooks are showing up with Windows 7 Starter, whatever that is. (Computer yeast?)
So you'd probably want to grab an XP netbook soon.

Jon Pareles