Re: XyDos 4 -- the minimum files needed

jackshafer wrote:

> Does anyone have a XyDos 4 set up that come close to replicating the look
> and feel of XyDos 3+, right down to the use of the alt keys?

Yes. Just assign the table=alt keys just as you had them in version 3,
and copy over your altkeys.sav file, and have it load in your
startup.int. Viz:

TABLE=ALT
1=ES
2=@1
3=@2
4=@3
5=@4
6=@5
7=@6
8=@7
9=@8
10=@9
11=@0

... . . .

16=@Q
17=@W
18=@E
19=@R
20=@T
21=@Y
22=@U
23=@I
24=@O
25=@P

etc.

For those experimenting with Nota Bene, will, er, umm, nota bene: this
trick will work in that program too.

> I don't really
> need the default alt menus that take you to the drop downs or the mouse.

Of course not.

> If
> you've worked out such a setput, I'd love to see a list of the files you use
> and any other tweaks of the startup or dlg etc. files that make it work for
> you.

Startup.int loads my keyboard file, my altkeys.sav file, and my printer
and spell files.

> I've been subsisting on XyDos 3+ and XyWin, but want a bulletproof XyDos for
> Y2K (and have just downloaded the Y2K editor.exe file to that end).

If you're going to worry about Y2K, then worry about Global Warming and
don't worry about any verions of XyWrite.

Hoping this helps and still in shirtsleeves at latitude 41, zipcode
10025.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press