Re: Sporadic problems with *.KBD defs under OS/2

Reply to note from Robert Hemenway  Mon, 14 Dec 1998
09:23:26

-> Robert, I've had the same difficulty that Stephen Carter has
-> had with the erratic behavior of LeftAlt and RtCtrl in
-> combination with other shift keys on Xy4 under OS/2.

Several months ago Robert Hemenway and I exchanged notes on this
phenomenon, which first appeared with FixPak 6. At first I
suspected my hardware (my keyboard was on its way out), but a new
keyboard didn't help. So it's pretty clear to me that the problem
originated with a change to OS/2 that was introduced with FP6.

Arpeggiating these shift-key combinations has become second-nature;
I hardly think about it any more. Still, I'd welcome a fix.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/