XY & current printers

I have XyWIN but haven't figured how to get it up & running on my year-old PC
desktop (with drives for superdisk floppies, ZIP, and CD-RW) and printing to my
Brother MHC7150C multi-function printer/fax/copier/scanner.

A local computer guy who had never heard of XYWrite couldn't get it working
right (it won't display in graphic view, denies access when I try to save), and
the Brother printer manual never heard of XYWrite either.

Can some kind soul find the time to provide a Xywrite-for-dummies-level set of
baby-step instructions that could get me operative? I have the original
floppies. I've used XYWrite for wordprocessing for years, but never got
comfortable with even such basic concepts as loading and unloading programs.
Would be happy to be walked through off-line, or could even phone a Good
Samaritan and be talked through, if that was easier.

I'm now retired and will in time be prepared to really study all the XYWrite
and other relevant manuals, but meanwhile it is terribly frustrating not to
have it functional on my desktop. I'm surly when forced to use MSWORD, enraged
when it bullies me into things I didn't want to do, and frequently baffled how
to do something very simple and obvious in XYWrite. So I yearn for XYWrite with
at least the Windows stable of fonts.

        Tnx,   Ted Stannard

=====