Re: TameDOS for vDOS-lfn

Carl,
I need more formatted output for programming. Just the ability to emphasize comments is very helpful. In principle, you could assign a format and color to guillemets, for XPL programming. With vDos-lfn, I just have them in a very light gray color.
Tame doesn't seem to add complication--it's just complicated to set things
once how you want them. Other than that, it's just one line added to
AUTOEXEC.NT.

Regards,
Harry
Harry,
Expanded looks prosaic, I'm afraid,

I was curious how you were getting the different typefaces/sizes. I
thought it might have been with UF and SZ commands, but I see that you
use MoDes. Which makes sense, because UF (Use Font) and SZ (SiZe) are
commands that affect printed output, not the screen.
here are all the modes that Tame can do

Nice to have visual strikeout and additive Bold+Italics+Underlining.

I do share Jordan's concern, however, about added complication. Also,
I use XyWrite more for editing than for formatting text, so WYSIWYG is
secondary for me. Draft View/No Markers is great for editing, although
I also like eXPanded view because it provides what Robert memorably
called WYSIWYGWYG -- What You See Is Why You Get What You Get.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx