Re: hyphen conversion

Try searching for ASCII 45 rather than for a hyphen typed from the
keyboard. The two characters look identical on screen and in print, but
they apparently are different things. (I'm not positive, but I think ASCII
45 is a nonbreaking hyphen, which means that the words it connects will be
kept together rather than broken after the hyphen at the end of a line.)

On the command line, ASCII 45 will look like a space followed by "2D", but
trust me, it will search out those odd hyphens. We used to get these all
the time in files that had been converted from WordPerfect, for some
reason.

--Pam Upton