Re: Using styles

Daskin, Alan is perplexed:

> When I look at the file in expanded mode, the problem - but not its ultimate
> source - becomes clear: XyWrite inserts a ≪MDNM≫ on its own, in addition
> to the ≪US style≫ that I have typed, before the new text that I type to
> start the content of the section that's supposed to use the new style. If I
> type the file in expanded mode (which I do not want to do on a regular
> basis), the problem does not occur; i.e., XyWrite does not insert an extra
> ≪MDNM≫ after the ≪US style≫ command. This problem seems to occur in both
> XyDOS (4.017) and XyWin (4.12).
>
> Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. That's the way it works, believe it or
not! If you don't want to work in expanded mode, then define the
specific mode you want in your SS command.

≪SSFOO,ip=5,0,uf=cgtimes,md=nm,lm=10,rm=70≫≪SSBAR,ip=10,10,uf=cgomega,md=bo,lm=20,rm=60≫

Or, if you don't want to bother with that, an XPL macro might help. Viz:

xp gt ≪USFOO≫ wg

Save it as, say, foo.xpl. This is a good one to map to an altkeys.sav,
or hardwire to your kbd file.

00=xp,gt,≪,u,s, ,f,o,o,>,>,wg

where 00 should be set equal to the scancode and keyboard table of your
choice.

Cheers!

--
Leslie Bialler