Re: Entering

Eric Tassel asks about  in keystroke macros. I have yet to find a
way to do it, even though I have made up a special keyboard for
recording macros that has everything extraneous cleaned out of it
(Even-Zohar's old Nota Bene trick). Here is my dodge for macros that are
worth the trouble:

1. Use ctrl-shf-alt-R to save the keystroke macro to a file, which my
customized keyboard automatically puts in the macro directory and names
"fly.pgm" (for "on the fly"). My ctrl-f key is customized to run
FLY.PGM.

2. I then call FLY.PGM and edit it, mainly to convert the ASCII 13's
(little musical notes, which are what the recorder deposits when you hit
) to real  or to ASCII 10, which does the same thing. If
you use the regular keyboard to record the macro, there will also be a
fair bit of extraneous garbage (XH etc.).

3. I then play the macro with ctrl-F.

But if someone can tell me what to put on the enter key in the special
macro keyboard, that will make all this unnecessary.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science