Re: Xy on Mac revisited-Parallel Universe

junja wrote:
It needs the installation disk of any OS it is to
run - Windows 3.1 to Vista, Linux, Solaris, Dos ..
Yes, the same thing proved the spanner in the works when I tried to
use Xy under CrossOver Office. It wanted an install disk. Now maybe it
would have worked had I tried that old Xy 4 install floppy I recently
used to create a clean setup, but those floppies were missing at the
time. And the set of DOS 6.22 floppies I have, and have offered to
send Lisa on CD, were created by copying a working DOS installation to
floppies; they're not a Simon-pure M$ installation set.
BUT--Eureka! I was sure I had a set somewhere, and just turned them
up. They seem to be still readable (DIR doesn't generate any read
errors). On the other hand, they are probably the same as the ones
Lisa had. Lisa, when the Mac guy set you up, do you recall if he just
copied the files or tried to run setup.exe?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx