OOOPS ERROR MSG

 A couple of days ago I got a XY error message that I'd never seen before. It
came in a neat little box, and it said something like, "OOOPS, You're not
supposed to see this message. If you do your Editor.exe may be corrupted or
your system board may be going up in flames..."
 I was having a bad day on the computer that day, and some other stuff went
wrong, but I never got that error msg again. However, some funny things are
going on in XY:
-- Speller menu won't respond to backspace or cursor controls
-- XY seems to hog more memory than it (CTRL-M) or the external PMAP utility I
use are aware of. Manifestation of that problem is the inability of SWAPDOS to
swap XY out even when I have 250-odd k free,
-- inability to get the memory-management menu to respond tcursor controls.
 Doubtless the easy answer is to recopy Editor.exe from the original floppy
and see what happens. But if I should be worrying about my system board, I'd
sure like to know. What's the OOOPS message about? Thanks, Strat