Re: Running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

> What did you use prior to Xy ?

Manual Triumph typewriter

Electric Olivetti typewriter

WordStar on a Sanyo CP/M machine with dual floppies and a very sharp
green monochrome monitor with better resolution than VGA, long before
that meant anything to anybody.

(Briefly) Multimate on some dedicated IBM text systems in a translation
company's office. The software was crap, but the displays (again
monochrome, this time yellow/orange) were great, some of the best for
text work I've ever used.

XyWrite II+ on an IBM PC clone, the first machine I could open up myself and
actually (sort of) understand. Starting with a monochrome "extended CGA"
monitor, I always got the best display and the highest resolution video card
I could find (within budget limitations). Jordan's story rings a bell
with me.

Softwarewise, once I got into XyWrite, there was no turning back.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx